I highly recommend The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by Dr. John C. Maxwell. Whatever your industry, I believe the information in this book will equip you to reach higher levels of success.
I’m in an intense growth mode right now. Where do I begin?
I’ve been growing incrementally over the past several years simply because of the people with whom I’ve been associated. This year I made a decision to grow exponentially. Why? Because I desire an exponential increase of results in several areas of my life, and for my results to grow, I must grow.
I resonate with the concepts Dr. Maxwell expresses. I was so excited to hear him speak live in Houston a couple months ago, and when offered the opportunity, I promptly enrolled in a 12-week video course by Dr. Maxwell highlighting each of the 15 Laws.
Today I’m submitting for your consideration the paradigm shift from Goal-Consciousness to Growth-Consciousness.
How are they different?
1. Goal-Consciousness focuses on a destination whereas Growth-Consciousness focuses on the journey.
2. Goal-Consciousness stops when the goal is reached, but Growth-Consciousness keeps you growing past the goal.
3. Goal-Consciousness is seasonal or temporary; Growth-Consciousness is a lifelong pursuit.
4. Goals challenge us, while Growth changes us.
5. Goals motivate us and others, but Growth Matures us and others.
One mindset is about something you accomplish; the other about someone you become.
Make a commitment to grow intentionally. It’s absolutely worth it.